HOW DOES TIMERING HELP YOU?
Timing is the time interval for which a certain number of words or sentences will be read.
- You will know how much time was found by your text announcer.
- This is necessary in advertising, where the duration of the audio clip is limited.
- In video production, you will know that you will be able to find a video sequence to lay down the text and vice versa, if the pauses are too long.
- In the production of audiobooks, presentations, calculation of announcers’ rates.
What is the average speech speed of people?
– Conversation: 110–120 words per minute
– Audiobooks: 120 words per minute
– Radio and podcasts: 130–150 words per minute
– Commentators: 150–170 words per minute
DETERMINATION OF THE LENGTH OF PRINTED TEXT
The action of the Chronometer is based on the principle of the average count of words, based on the rule “two words equal one second”. All that remains for the program is to correctly count the words and display the results of the calculations in a convenient form:
- Minimum timing – the announcer reads at a fast pace
- Optimal timing – the announcer reads at an average pace
The traditional determination of timekeeping using a stopwatch in the absence of experience often gives an erroneous result. In practice, the announcer reads the same text more slowly – the professional announcer’s presentation differs in tempo from “everyday” human speech. It is this difference that Chronomer takes into account above all.